TEAM UP for Children is a pediatric behavioral health integration initiative in which BMC is working closely with pediatric primary care sites to collectively develop and implement interventions to expand access to and quality of behavioral health care for children and families in a multicultural pediatric setting. TEAM UP includes a Learning Community that combines clinical training with data-driven practice transformation support to promote full implementation of the TEAM UP model of integrated care and ensure its long-term sustainability.
In collaboration with members of the initiative's leadership team, the Operations Manager will oversee core internal operations for TEAM UP. This individual will organize, coordinate, and track day-to-day operations across multiple workstreams and teams within the initiative, including implementation activities through the TEAM UP Learning Community, and evaluation and dissemination activities. Key deliverables include managing all deliverables across multiple projects, maintaining a cohesive tracking system with associated activities and timelines, and communicating formal and informal status updates to internal and external stakeholders and the broader community. This individual will also support the on-going development of new project proposals and grant submissions, as well as other administrative tasks related to budget management activities, contracting, and event planning.
We are seeking an applicant who is an experienced project manager with well-developed skills in facilitation across diverse teams, creation of reliable operations processes, use of data to monitor key performance metrics, and strategic planning. The ideal candidate will have a background in health care or public health, with a desire to work with historically marginalized communities and a commitment to health equity.
TEAM UP values diversity, equity, and inclusion as the basis of our work. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive team and workforce that is representative of the communities served through the initiative.
Position: TEAM UP Operations Manager
Schedule: Full Time
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Manages multiple projects and workstreams within the initiative, with clear activities, deliverables, and timelines, and works with the leadership team to support execution of all activities
- Supports internal and external meetings, including setting agendas, facilitating discussions, and communicating next steps
- Organizes and maintains all internal and external source documents and references
- Provides formal and informal status updates, synthesizing accomplishments across multiple projects and creating presentation materials, KPI dashboards, and written reports
- Manages budgetary activities, including contracting, invoicing, processing payments, etc.
- Supports event planning for annual symposium and other internal and external convenings
- Supports growth of the initiative through grant and proposal writing, budgeting, and execution
- Supports recruitment and on-boarding of new staff, students, and interns
- Conforms to hospital standards of performance and conduct, including those pertaining to patient rights, so that the best possible customer service and patient care may be provided
- Utilizes hospital's Values as the basis for decision-making and to facilitate the division's hospital mission
- Follows established hospital infection control and safety procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned or as necessary
- Must adhere to all of BMC's RESPECT behavioral standards.
(The above statements in this job description are intended to depict the general nature and level of work assigned to the employee(s) in this job. The above is not intended to represent an exhaustive list of accountable duties and responsibilities required).
JOB DESCRIPTION CHARACTERISTICS
- A Bachelor's degree required. A Master's Degree in Public Health, Business, or Public Policy is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Training and/or certification in project management and/or performance improvement methodology such as lean six sigma a plus
- Minimum three years of prior experience in project management for nonprofit, public health, public policy, or comparable field.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong professional demeanor.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with project and team management
- Ability to take initiative and handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work with a variety of community stakeholders and national partners
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management
- Collaborative, flexible, and adaptable to change, with a growth mindset, and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills, detail-focused, management of timelines, effectively cultivate growth of others
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (oral and written) using English-language. Strong oral presentation skills a plus.
- Strong writing ability and experience writing group communications and reports
- Working knowledge of enterprise tools (MS Office applications), video conferencing software (Zoom), and project management tools
- Cultural sensitivity and willingness to work in racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse communities
- Passionate about the vision to build the capacity of communities to promote health and wellbeing for children and families
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS (Responsible for on-call, 24 hr. coverage, etc.):
This is a hybrid position, with remote and occasional on-site expectations. Occasional flexibility to work evenings and weekends when required. Travel within the United States may be required at times for this role.
Req id: 30616